Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thinking of........ insanity or no one can tell you the right way.....

I had a meeting with an old friend of mine yesterday. Haven't seen him for ages... You know all those talkes about How are you? What are you doing? What are your plans?.... And he asked - What are you doing now? And my answer was - Handmade things. He told me - Are you insane? It will not bring your a profit! You won't earn enough money by handmade things! So for him I look like an absolutely insane person :))))))) And anyway I can see that people can earn money by handmade things the problem is (as I can see it) you have to sell something original and high quality and also promote your work.....

And also few days ago I've felted my frist beret. It has two sides with different designs on them. My cousin saw it and she asked me - Maybe you should do few berets and sell them as we still have winter and we have a friend who has a showroom full of clothes and people who always come to discover something new. And I've started to think about this idea.... but after yesterday talk I'm not so sure......

So what is the right way? No one can tell you.... You have a feeling about it or you don't have... The answer is always inside....

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing!

    As I see from mine and my friends' experience, if you don't have luck to find your unique niche producing something people really want to have and a super effective way of promoting and selling it, nobody can earn serious money selling his/her hand made creations, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..it's true!! It's very difficult for us!!
    But you must go on... Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, the answer is inside,
    And I would add: Do what excites you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...