Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dedication to Istanbul

In 2011 I started to make some silver jewelry. This process needs more time and more inspiration and it's harder than just put some supplies together. :) So far I have only two rings in my shop 'Rock me' and 'Summertime'. And also I made nice earrings I wear almost everyday - here is the blogpost about them 'I did it!'
 But today I want to tell you a story about a necklace I made this year. One of my favorite city is Istanbul, the place I always feel like I'm home and that's the only place I really miss physically. One day I was going home by local train and llistening to music as usually. I always have shuffle mode in my mp3 player so I never know which song will be next. Those day one of those unexpected songs was 'Ah Istanbul' by Sezen Aksu - one of my favorites. And suddenly an idea came into my mind and I took a paper and a pen and made a sketch - a necklace that reminds me Istanbul. This necklace has a shape of tulip (symbol of Istanbul) with three stones: two blue as sky and sea and one green as trees. For me this necklace is Istanbul.......






1 comment:

  1. Just marvelous! I love it!

    And would love to travel to Istanbul :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...