Thursday, April 10, 2014

Personal Experience "Weekend in Halle, Germany"

Hello folks!

Last weekend I spent in Halle, Germany as was visiting my friend Katerina. We know each other for around 3 years and it was pretty exciting to come to her place, finally met her husband and spent some time together. We had a plan to felt a bag but weren't succesfull as the wool and the frame haven't arrived in time but we done a lot! Walked in a park, done some shopping, visited a local market, went to play a billiards and open a season with BBQ in the park.



















So here are my impressions about Halle and Germany.

It wasn't my first visit to Germany but anyway it was different. First of all it was a small difference on the passport control - in Leipzig airport it's easier than in Berlin :) In Berlin I had a feeling that I'm going to enter trough '"an iron curtain" )))) Like they are not sure I have only tourist plans in my head ))))

I was a very very lucky as it was a really great and warm weather  - when I arrived it was around +22 or maybe even more and everywhere you could see trees with flowers. Can you imagine I even saw lilac!? (in Moscow it was around 0 and pretty cold when I was leaving)

The streets are clean enough and here is the key why it's that - when you buy something to drink you not only pay for the drink itself but also for the bottle and then you can return the bottle and get some money. It's 25 cents for a big plastic bottle and 8 cents for glass beer bottle. That's a really cool idea how to keep the streets clean! I wish we have the same rules here in Russia!

There is no need to talk about food but anyway - guys 0.5l beer bottle costs less than 1 euro!!!! and it's really good beer! And very tasty sausages!!! Plus in Germany it's easy to find turkish shops with turkish food and as I'm keen on turkish food I was on heaven ))) and bought my favorite black turkish olives. And we also have simits and baklava for breakfast. Baklava is not very very very healthy food but who cares when you are on a holiday )))))

A bit about public transport - it's only 11 minutes from the airport to Halle by train and in the city you can use buses and trams. For trams (maybe for buses too but not sure as we used the bus only one time) they use voice tapes from different people - so one stop can be introduced by a woman and another by a child. It's interesting and I've never heard about something like this before.

 Another thing I liked is that you can buy rhubarb on a local market and the price is not that high. That's not about that you can buy everything you want but about that in my childhood it was easy to buy rhubarb in Russia and we made some compots and pies etc but now I haven't seen rhubarb like for ages! And don't understand why it's happenning..... Rhubab is not something rare for the place I live in....It's not like some exotic fruits...

Another thing is a local chocolate! In my opinion it's more tasty than chocolate from Moscow. Right before the trip I ate a chocolate candy from Babaevskiy chocolate fabric and was sooooo dissapointed - it wasn't tasty at all (((( But this chocolate from Halle is really tasty and made from high quality ingredients. They even have marzipan chocolate candies that made with dark beer and even though I'm not in love with marzipan I loved them!

One more thing caught my eye and honestly I'm not sure that's a brilliant idea. A lot of people have bicycles and some people have a special baby carriage that hitchs to the bicycle, not in front but behind. In my opinion that's not very safety - you can't see your child as their are out of your eyes and plus a car driver can possible not see your child so it can be dangerous.

 Oh and guys I saw an amazing laptop! We visited Katerina's husband's colleague and first of all where impressed by a very comfortanble kitchen but then we saw the laptop! We (me and Katerina) like couldn't speak at all ))))) This laptop gives your an opportunity to change colors of the touchpad and the keyboard and also has another illuminations and you can change the colors as well! The trademark is Alienware and it made me to make a joke - OMG I met my relative!!!!!! That's coz a friend of mine is pretty sure I'm an alien coz I'm not like other russian people - I'm smiling and don't complain )))))


For me this trip wasn't like I was travelling for a long distance but like I was visiting a friend that lives next street :) And I'll be back for sure!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...